Tuesday, July 21, 2009

July the Twenty First in the Year Two Thousand and Nine!

An egg shell has been cracked last night/this morning! I haven't slept ... it feels like one of those exciting childhood Christmas days!

I've been having a thought lately and to illustrate I will use Michael Jackson, who died suddenly and unexpectedly last week (bless his soul). To the world, he was the famous King of Pop, a living legend and icon worshipped around the world. But to his family, he was just Michael, their adorable son and brother. In a somewhat similar way, lately I could no longer see Jesus as a King on some High Throne. I cannot worship him anymore. No, he is my brother and friend. Everytime I say or think of this I cannot stop tearing. He is not off on some faraway seat, but he is standing next to me; he is walking with me through Hell and then carries me like the wooden cross on his back all the way back to the arms of God.

That's the Jesus I know.

No comments: